*CCT fixes Thursday for judgement in Onnoghen’s case
“Whatever you have to say, inform the lead counsel,” the tribunal chairman said.
Defiant, Duke attempted to speak again, but she was cut short by the lead prosecuting counsel, who requested the tribunal to order that she be sent out of the courtroom.
When he realised, his request was not immediately granted, he requested that Duke’s name is struck out from the list of the prosecution’s team.
His request was granted by the tribunal and Duke walked out immediately it was ruled that her name had been removed from the prosecution’s list.
Speaking outside, the courtroom, she said she only wanted to draw the tribunal’s attention to the similarity between the Onnoghen’s trial and a case that took place in England many years ago.The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has fixed Thursday for judgement in the case against Walter Onnoghen, suspended chief justice of Nigeria (CJN).Umar Danladi, CCT chairman, gave the ruling on Monday after the prosecution and defence counsels adopted their written addresses.
Onnoghen is standing trial for six-count charge bordering on false asset declaration.
More to follow…